Sunday, October 8, 2017

Introduction

I have recently finished watching Ken Burn's series about Vietnam and have decided that it is time to put my experiences down in writing and make them available. I did two tours in Vietnam during the war: 24 October 1966 to 5 October 1967 and 24 February 1971 to 18 January 1972.

In this blog, I am going to write my experiences as I remember them which, of course, means that my words may or may not reflect what actually happened but rather what I, in 2017, believe happened back then. This will be the truth as I know it but memories often change with time.

I will change all the names to protect both the guilty and the innocent, but mainly to protect myself from being sued if I write something negative about someone, and there will be negatives.

I should also note that I was never in combat and, to my knowledge, only came under fire once, a mortar attack during my second tour but I will save that story for later.

I will try to add a few new anecdotes each month, some will be long, others very short. Each entry will contain a single anecdote and will be clearly marked to indicate which tour I am talking about. I will not give specific dates because I no longer remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment